Receipt Printer Epson – Epson TM T20II
The Epson TM T20ii is a thermal receipt printer that automatically prints a receipt for your customer. It has USB and a serial connection to your POS point-of-sale system. There is no ethernet connection built in.
The Epson TM T20ii has some popularity because it is not expensive. It’s generally under $200 but you should checking pricing to be sure.
- What is my POS or point of sale system? Make sure to check with your POS provider before purchasing. You can all your account rep or go to your provider’s website and see what is compatible. If you’re using Square Payments make sure you go their website to learn about the supported thermal receipt printers. Here is where to go.
- Make sure you can connect with the USB or serial connection to your POS device. Here is the TM-T20II User Manual. You will want to look through this before purchasing. It’s only a click and a few minutes of your time.
- Do I want to be able to move the receipt printer around? If so, you may want a receipt printer with a wireless connection.
- What is my budget?
- Do I want easy set up?
- Do I work indoors or outdoors? If you’re outdoors you may want a more durable receipt printer.
Square Receipt Printer Table
The TM T20ii is cheaper than many other thermal receipt printers on the market. But make sure it works with your POS. It only has a USB and serial connection built in. If you want ethernet there is a way to add this. But to save time you might be better off going with ethernet already there.
- USB interface (cable included)
- Serial interface (This is one of those old time pin connections.)
- Internal power supply (power cable included)
- Auto cutter
- Not compatible with Ethernet, LAN, Bluetooth or iPad
USB Connection is easy to setup.
Powers on and off with the POS computer
Generally less than $200 USD
No wireless connection
No Bluetooth connection
No ethernet connection out of the box
You can add your logo and text to your receipt. This is done with software that is included with the receipt printer. By adding your logo to your receipts you have a place to advertise your business. You can also put your phone number on your receipt or your website URL. This is a good thing to do if you're selling at a craft show, fair, farmers market and etc. The customer may not remember your name and may not go online to search for your website. But if you put your website on the receipt you have a better chance of the customers visiting your website to make a purchase.
- POS System
- Size and Weight
Everything we've read indicates that the device works with Square Payments. Businesses can add the receipt printer alongside the Square Stand. If you're using IOS or Android with Square you can use this receipt printer.
The USB connection is the only means to connect to the Square Stand or other POS system. There is no ethernet connection (local area network LAN cable). Nor is there a wireless connection.
Size: 5.5 x 5.8 x 7.8 inches
Weight: 6 pounds
The receipt printer is not big and will not take up much space on your counter, kiosk or stand.
Here is a great demonstration video on the Epson TM-T20II thermal receipt printer. This is by a Youtube channel called Linus. and a credit to them for making useful videos. They test all kinds of products and provide useful information.
How to Setup Your Receipt Printer
Once you’ve bought your receipt printer, you need to set it up. Fortunately, this is pretty easy to do. You will need to follow some steps. Here are the steps that we’ve researched below. You’ll also want to look at your instruction manual that comes with your receipt printer.
How to set up your receipt printer
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into its electrical source.
- Connect one end of the serial or usb cable. This is in the back of the printer, and plug the other end directly into POS system.
- After confirming these two connections, turn on the printer.
- The printer will display a solid green LED light on the front panel. This means the printer has connectivity.
- “Print Test Receipt” to ensure the printer is fully functional
We are in no way affiliated with Square, Inc. Square, the Square logo, Square Register, and Square Reader, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square, Inc. iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPod touch®, and iPhone® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. EPSON® is registered trademark. We are in no way affiliated with any of the brands or companies we mention in this website.