Ethernet Receipt Printer Star Micronics – TSP654L
Star Micronics TSP645L
A thermal invoice printer instantly publishes a receipt for your customer when they make a purchase. One of the thermal invoice printers that you’ll commonly find in many size small businesses as well as moderate sized organizations is the Star Micronics TSP645L. It’s simple to setup as well as start.
It’s durable as well as it’s made by Star Micronics. Star Micronics is reliable manufacturer which has actually been around for a long time. However do not just go out and also purchase a Star Micronics TSP645L. You have to ask yourself the questions listed below.
- Just what is my POS or point of sale system? If you make use of Square Payments you’ll require an invoice printer that works with Square.
- Do I want to be able to relocate the receipt printer around a whole lot? If so, you could desire a receipt printer with a wireless connection.
- Just what is my budget?
- Do I desire a simple setup?
- Do I function indoors or outdoors? If you’re outdoors you might want an extra sturdy invoice printer.
Star Micronics TSP645L Main Points
The Star Micronics TSP645L works with Square Payments. Star Micronics is a well known producer of thermal invoice printers. They make many different versions. You link to a Square iPad stand with a USB wire. This invoice printer uses 80 mm size or 3 1/8 inch width thermal paper for the invoices. There is a roll of paper that ships with the receipt printer. A automatic cutter device cuts the thermal receipt paper for you when you make a sale.
This is among the a lot more typical thermal invoice printers utilized with Square Payments. It generally sets you back much less compared to $200. It can be found in white and also black shade. It has an auto-cutter to slice thermal receipt paper for you. It uses thermal paper so you never ever never need to fill it with ink. It is usually very easy to maintain and also include paper when you require it. So this is a printer that works well in a wide array of environments.
If you’re using Square Payments, you’ll likely want a Square Receipt Printer. This receipt printer works with Square iPad Stands.
You can also connect the Star Micronics TSP645L Receipt printer to a cash drawer. The cash drawer will automatically open when you make a sale and print a receipt.
- Internal power supply (power cable included)
- Auto cutter
- Not compatible with Ethernet, LAN, Bluetooth or iPad
Ethernet Connection is easy to setup.
Works with Square
Powers on and off with the POS computer
Generally less than $200 USD
No wireless connection
No Bluetooth connection
You could include your logo and also message to your receipt. This is done with software program that is included with the invoice printer. By adding your logo design to your receipts you have a place to market your service. You could additionally put your contact number on your receipt or your web site URL. This is a good idea to do if you're costing a craft show, reasonable, farmers market and also etc. The customer might not remember your name as well as could not go online to search for your internet site. Yet if you place your website on the invoice you have a far better possibility of the clients visiting your website making a purchase.
- POS System
- Size and Weight
Everything we've read indicates that the device works with Square Payments. Businesses can add the receipt printer alongside the Square Stand. If you're using IOS or Android with Square you can use this receipt printer.
The USB connection is the only means to connect to the Square Stand or other POS system. There is no ethernet connection (local area network LAN cable). Nor is there a wireless connection.
Size: 8 x 5.6 x 5.2 inches
Weight: 3.7 pounds
The receipt printer is not big and will not take up much space on your counter, kiosk or stand.
Here is youtube video that give you a good look at this series of receipt printers. This is made by Star Micronics.
How to Setup Your Square Payments Receipt Printer
Once you’ve bought your receipt printer, you need to set it up. Fortunately, this is pretty easy to do. You will need to follow some steps. Here are the steps that we’ve researched below. You’ll also want to look at your instruction manual that comes with your receipt printer.
How to set up your receipt printer
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into its electrical source.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into Ethernet port. This is in the back of the printer, and plug the other end directly into the Wireless router.
- After confirming these two connections, turn on the printer.
- The printer will display a solid green LED light on the front panel. This means the printer has connectivity and is able to obtain an IP address from the Wireless router.
- Exit the Settings.
- Click on the Square Application and open it up.
- In the Square App, tap on the Admin Panel tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Settings” and then click on “Receipt” to see all the printers on the network.
- It will display either the name of your printer.
- Click the toggle button to the ON setting.
- Then tap “Print Test Receipt” to ensure the printer is fully functional.
- Once the Print Test Receipt has printed you have successfully setup your printer with Square.
We are in no way affiliated with Square, Inc. Square, the Square logo, Square Register, and Square Reader, are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square, Inc. iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPod touch®, and iPhone® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. EPSON® is registered trademark. We are in no way affiliated with any of the brands or companies we mention in this website.